- Strong field experience in several of: collection and analysis of field data, environmental site assessments, chemistry, geology, hydrogeology, remediation engineering, site characterization, environmental management, health and safety
- Management of multiple simultaneous environmental projects in remote and urban locations
- Technical experience in several of: geology, hydrogeology, field procedures, environmental chemistry, contracting/construction, environmental and remediation engineering, site characterization, waste management, landfill monitoring, and health and safety
- Experience working around heavy equipment, including drill rigs and excavators
- Knowledge of provincial and federal environmental legislation and policies
- Experience in one of: construction monitoring and construction quality assurance for verifying remediation objectives have been achieved, tendering and procurement of remediation services, hazardous building substances survey, or training internal staff on field programs will be an asset
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and organizational skills
- Committed to a culture of quality including a keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated capabilities in multidisciplinary teamwork as well as the ability to work independently.
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated success in the leadership of multidisciplinary project teams and business development
- Ability to organize, prioritize and plan work to meet time-based deliverables and adapt to changing expectations
- Strong proficiency in proposal and report writing, presentations, communications, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office family of products
- Proficiency in several of: CAD, GIS, Surfer, GINT, ESDat or database abilities will be an asset
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
In addition, we offer:
Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all employees.
A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
Flexible work hours and remote working options
- We oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
Learning and Development opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles. The creation and sharing of knowledge allows us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery. The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization.
- We use a composite approach to development including: coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal, and learning opportunities.
Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our organization, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees.
Goodlife Fitness Corporate Membership
- Our employees can take advantage of reduced annual membership fees.
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With 20 offices and more than 900 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 14 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require accommodation in the interview process.
We would love to hear from you!